Do you want to repel mosquitos the natural way? I absolutely do. That’s why I have come up with this recipe for a DIY anti-mosquito butter. I love using it because it is super effective and also very smoothing on the skin.
Using a DIY anti-mosquito butter is a great way to avoid conventional anti-mosquito products. They are loaded with DEET (N, N-Diethyl-meta-toluamide) and they smell so bad!
In this effective and fragrant recipe instead, bug-repelling essential oils are what keeps the mosquitos away. Pick the oil you like the most and enjoy mosquito-free summer days!
Here are the ingredients I use to make it:
- Coconut oil 50% 15g/0.5oz
- Shea butter 40% 12g/0.4oz
- Cocoa butter 8% 2,4g/0.08oz
- Essential oils 1% 0.3g/0.01oz
- Vitamin E 1% 0.3g/0.01oz
Mosquito-repelling essential oils
These are some excellent essential oils for any anti-mosquito DIY
- rose geranium
- tea tree
- lemon eucalyptus
N.B. Clove essential oil is not safe for kids between the ages of 3 months and 2 years, while lemon eucalyptus, citronella, patchouli peppermint, and rosemary aren’t safe for pregnancy too.
- Add coconut oil, shea and cacao butter to a heat safe jug
- Melt them together using the bain-marie method
- Once they are melted add your essential oils and vitamin E
- Pour everything into a tin while the mix is still in a liquid form
- Wait for it to cool off and solidify