This is such an easy lip balm recipe that only requires 3 ingredients. You will never need to buy another lip balm again.
Keep reading to learn how to create your very own lip balm!
If you would like to make this simple 3 ingredients lip balm project but don't know where to buy the ingredients from, click on the below image to download my FREE Worldwide Ingredients Suppliers Guide to know exactly where to buy the ingredients:
The recipe makes one lip balm of about 30 g/0.035 oz
- Equal amounts of oil and shea butter: such as 11.1 g/0.39 oz avocado oil and 11.1 g/0.39 oz shea butter
- 3.75 g/0.13 oz candelilla wax or 7.7 g/0.27 oz beeswax
- optional: 2-3 drops vitamin E and/or 1-2 drops sweet orange essential oil
- Melt the wax and the oil in a water bath (bain-marie).
- Once the mixture is fully melted, add the optional vitamin E and essential oil and pour everything into a lib balm tube or tin.
Pop in the freezer for about 15 minutes to let it harden.
It's as easy as that! Do you use lip balm? If so have you ever tried making your own?
Would you like to swap your entire bath and beauty products for zero waste alternatives made with your own hands?
Join us inside the Make Your Own Academy: