This is such an easy lip balm recipe that only requires 3 ingredients. You will never need to buy another lip balm again!
This recipe is part of our new FREE online skincare course, Minimal! Enrol for FREE to get access to video tutorials, ingredients explanations, substitutions and other 3 recipes!
Keep reading to learn how to create your very own lip balm.
The recipe makes one lip balm of about 30 g/0.035 oz
- Equal amounts of oil and shea butter: such as 11.1 g/0.39 oz avocado oil and 11.1 g/0.39 oz shea butter
- 3.75 g/0.13 oz candelilla wax or 7.7 g/0.27 oz beeswax
- optional: 2-3 drops vitamin E and/or 1-2 drops sweet orange essential oil
- Melt the wax and the oil in a water bath (bain-marie).
- Once the mixture is fully melted, add the optional vitamin E and essential oil and pour everything into a lib balm tube or tin.
- Pop in the freezer for about 15 minutes to let it harden.
It's as easy as that! Do you use lip balm? If so have you ever tried making your own?