In this blog post, I would like to share with you some info about the proprieties of one of my favorite botanical ingredients for skincare: chamomile.
The dried flowers of this daisy-like plant of the family Asteraceae are really one of the best ingredients you can have in your cupboard, as it's anti-inflammatory and has the power to soothe your skin while encouraging skin repair. Plus, it's gentle enough to use on the most sensitive skin!
Join Minimal – Bottega Zero Waste FREE Skincare Mini Course
Minimal is a free 4 DIY skincare projects mini course, designed to introduce you to the world of making your own products to truly reduce waste. Ready for your next adventure?
Here are its exceptional properties that will help your skin with feeling and looking fabulous.
- Chamomile contains flavonoids. This is a compound that can penetrate the skin and inhibit inflammation, helping with redness.
- You can use it to deal with blemishes too, as it's a mild astringent. In fact, by helping cleanse the skin, it can prevent breakouts.
- Chamomile is really suitable for sensitive and problematic skin, which is why it is often included in baby products, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea skins.
- If you have any itchy scalp, chamomile is a wonderful ingredient you may want to add to your DIY shampoo bars, as it can help by soothing it.
- It's mildly antiseptic, meaning that it has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, so it can help heal facial wounds that were caused by past acne breakouts.