This deodorant is natural, easy to make, and perfect for sensitive skin. Making it is easier than making a cake: all you need to do is squish and mix the oils with the powders. In this post, I am showing you how to make it yourself at home. Your armpits will thank you!
Join Minimal – Bottega Zero Waste FREE Skincare Mini Course
Minimal is a free 4 DIY skincare projects mini course, designed to introduce you to the world of making your own products to truly reduce waste. Ready for your next adventure?
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons kaolin clay
- 1 teaspoon of non-nano zinc oxide*
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon shea butter
- 6 drops geranium, 6 lavender (or 14 drops essential oil total, if changing essential oils make sure you don’t exceed 1% of your recipe in weight)
If you don't have zinc oxide, you can use baking soda or magnesium hydroxide.
- Add the powders to a bowl
- Mix them together
- Add the oil and the butter
- Mix everything well
- Add your essential oil of choice
- Transfer everything to a clean jar
Pro tip: To make it thicker, you can increase the starch, but this might dry your armpits if you have very sensitive skin. If it's too soft and you want to make it harder, add 1-3% beeswax or another plant wax!
Want to formulate your own soap recipes?
Soap Making for Zero Wasters is the online course that will empower you to formulate your own natural soap. With ongoing support from myself and a community of zero wasters, many graduates even go on to sell their creations. Interested?