If you are struggling with dry hands or cracked lips, this easy and satisfying 2 ingredients body balm recipe is just what you need. I really don't buy body balm anymore because I make my own, and trust me, it works like magic!
I had actually shared this recipe a while back but it was worth a re-share! I use it whenever I feel like my skin and lips need some extra nourishment. This balm is such a soothing and calming product, really the best treat for your skin and your senses before going to sleep!
- 45 g / 1.58 oz of an oil of your choice (the oil makes 90% of the recipe) - you can also infuse this oil! check out the previous reel on how to make an oil infusion.
- 5 g / 0.17 oz beeswax (10%) or 3 g / 0.10 candelilla wax (6%)*
- Optional: up to 5 drops of essential oil of your choice (or up to 1%)
- Melt the wax and the oil in a water bath (bain-marie)
- Once the mixture is fully melted, add the optional essential oil and pour everything into a tin.
- Let solidify
*This amount of wax will make a really soft balm, so double up these amounts if you want to obtain a harder balm.
Join Minimal – Bottega Zero Waste FREE Skincare Mini Course
Minimal is a free 4 DIY skincare projects mini course, designed to introduce you to the world of making your own products to truly reduce waste. Ready for your next adventure?