Zero Waste Handmade Aloe Vera Cream
What ingredients will you need?
- Cosmetic aloe vera gel: here is the trick. The aloe vera gel will serve as a base for the cream. If you use aloe vera gel from the actual leaf, it will not blend and will separate from the oils. This is because cosmetic aloe vera gel contains emulsifiers necessary to blend with the oils. Make sure that these components make up to only 1% of the aloe vera gel.
You can find this in a glass jar here, and this will last you several batches of cream as you need just a little for this recipe.
- One or two oils of your choice, depending on your skin type.
Check the little table below for inspiration to learn more about oil properties and which one works best for you!
How long will it take me?
less than 5 minutes. Not joking!
- 2 tbsp Cosmetic aloe vera gel (about 40 grams)
- up to 1 teaspoon of oil (about 4 grams)
- up to 5 drops lavender essential oil